E. coli are bacteria that can cause serious, sometimes fatal, infections in humans. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that E. coli causes 2,000 hospitalizations in the United States each year. Ten percent of E. coli victims develop hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS), which can cause kidney failure, damage to the central nervous system, and ultimately death.
The Marler Clark E. coli lawyers have unmatched experience representing victims of E. coli and HUS. We have represented hundreds of victims of E. coli outbreaks traced to foods such as hamburgers, spinach, raw milk, water, and food served at restaurants. The Marler Clark E. coli lawyers are the only lawyers in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on plaintiff foodborne illness litigation. Here are a few involving leafy greens:
- Aunt Mid’s Lettuce E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Michigan, Illinois, and Ontario (2008)
- Dole Lettuce E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Minnesota, Wisconsin, Oregon (2005)
- Dole Spinach E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Nationwide (2006)
- Freshway Lettuce E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Multistate (2010)
- Gold Coast Produce E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – California (2003)
- KFC E. coli Outbreak Lawsuit – Ohio (1999)
- Romaine Lettuce E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Washington State (2008)
- Schnucks Romaine Lettuce E. coli Outbreak Lawsuit – Missouri, Multistate (2011)
- Sodexho Spinach E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – California (2003)
- Spokane Produce E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Washington, Oregon, Idaho (2002)
- Taco John’s E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Iowa and Minnesota (2006)
- Wendy’s E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Utah (2006)
E. coli: Marler Clark, The Food Safety Law Firm, is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of E. coli outbreaks and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS). The E. coli lawyers of Marler Clark have represented thousands of victims of E. coli and other foodborne illness infections and have recovered over $600 million for clients. Marler Clark is the only law firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation. Our E. coli lawyers have litigated E. coli and HUS cases stemming from outbreaks traced to ground beef, raw milk, lettuce, spinach, sprouts, and other food products. The law firm has brought E. coli lawsuits against such companies as Jack in the Box, Dole, ConAgra, Cargill, and Jimmy John’s. We have proudly represented such victims as Brianne Kiner, Stephanie Smith and Linda Rivera.
If you or a family member became ill with an E. coli infection or HUS after consuming food and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, contact the Marler Clark E. coli attorneys for a free case evaluation.