49 sickened in two state outbreak
The case count in the investigation of an outbreak of E. coli O26 illnesses related to Chipotle restaurants in Washington and Oregon now includes 30 Washington residents. Twelve people have been hospitalized.
Five Chipotle restaurants in Washington are associated with this outbreak:
- Hazel Dell, 7715 NE 5th Avenue, Suite 109, in Vancouver
- 1404 Broadway Avenue in Seattle
- 4229 University Way NE in Seattle
- 512 Ramsey Way 101 in Kent
- 1753 S. Burlington Blvd. in Burlington
The Oregon Health Authority is reporting a total of 19 cases of E. coli O26 linked to eating at Oregon Chipotle restaurants. Four people have been hospitalized.
Six Chipotle restaurants in Oregon are associated with this outbreak:
- Cascade Station (9687 NE Cascades Pkwy)
- Washington Square (9120 SW Hall Blvd)
- Lake Oswego (8 Centerpointe Dr)
- Tanasbourne (2048 NW Stucki Ave)
- Sunnyside (Clackamas Town Center)
- Gresham (2065 NE Burnside Rd)
Marler Clark, The Food Safety Law Firm, is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of E. coli outbreaks and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS). The E. coli lawyers of Marler Clark have represented thousands of victims of E. coli and other foodborne illness infections and have recovered over $600 million for clients. Marler Clark is the only law firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation. Our E. coli lawyers have litigated E. coli and HUS cases stemming from outbreaks traced to ground beef, raw milk, lettuce, spinach, sprouts, and other food products. The law firm has brought E. coli lawsuits against such companies as Jack in the Box, Dole, ConAgra, Cargill, and Jimmy John’s. We have proudly represented such victims as Brianne Kiner, Stephanie Smith and Linda Rivera.