A total of 116 persons infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Bareilly have been reported from 20 states and the District of Columbia.
· The number of ill persons identified in each state is as follows: Alabama (2), Arkansas (1), Connecticut (5), District of Columbia (2), Florida (1), Georgia (5), Illinois (10), Louisiana (2), Maryland (11), Massachusetts (8), Mississippi (1), Missouri (2), New Jersey (7), New York (24), North Carolina (2), Pennsylvania (5), Rhode Island (5), South Carolina (3), Texas (3), Virginia (5), and Wisconsin (12).
· 12 ill persons have been hospitalized, and no deaths have been reported.
· The investigation has not conclusively identified a food source.
· The investigation is ongoing into individual food items and their sources.
· CDC and FDA are working together on the investigation and will provide updates as soon as they are available.
· If a specific food source is identified for this outbreak, public health officials will alert the public and take further steps to prevent additional illnesses.