The list keeps expanding of manufacturers who packaged and sold Wright County eggs, currently the subject of a massive recall related to an ongoing nationwide Salmonella outbreak. Thankfully, we have people like Phyllis Entis over at eFoodAlert.com to help keep up on the ever-expanding list of implicated products being recalled in this debacle. Phyllis has been compiling and updating the recall list with details on the corresponding manufacturing dates and product label codes. Here is her latest update:
Recalled eggs were packed in in varying sizes of cartons (6-egg cartons, dozen egg cartons, 18-egg cartons) with Julian dates ranging from 136 to 225 and plant numbers 1026, 1413 and 1946. Dates and codes can be found stamped on the end of the egg carton. The plant number begins with the letter P and then the number. The Julian date follows the plant number, for example: P-1946 223.
- Albertson:- Albertson’s store brand, packaged and recalled by Wright County Egg (Galt, IA)
- Bayview:- Bayview Large 5 dozen (UPC 7-17544-30172-1; plant P-1686; Julian dates 142-149) produced by Wright County Egg and packaged by NuCal Foods; distributed to food wholesalers and retailers in California and Nevada.
- Boomsma/Dutch Farms:- Distributed to Walgreens stores in Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, South Dakota and Arkansas. Wright County Eggs used unauthorized egg cartons to package and sell eggs under the Dutch Farms name without Dutch Farms knowledge. Dutch Farms is seeking legal representation.
- Farm Fresh:- Packaged and recalled by Wright County Egg.
- Glenview Farms:- The Lund Egg Co. (Woodville, WI) has issued a Class I Recall on eggs including some Glenview Farms product.
- Hillandale:- Packaged and recalled by Wright County Egg.
- Kemps:- Packaged and recalled by Wright County Egg.
- Lucerne:- Lucerne Foods recalls Lucerne Grade AA eggs in 12-count and 18-count cartons (packed and recalled by Wright County Egg), sold at Safeway Food & Drug stores in Northern California and Northern Nevada (“Sell By” dates of May 16, 2010 to August 13, 2010, followed by Plant code numbers P1026, P1413 or P1946); and in Denver, New Mexico, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming (“Sell By” dates of June 29, 2010 to September 12, 2010, followed by Plant code number P1026)
- Lund:- The Lund Egg Co. (Woodville, WI) has issued a Class I Recall on eggs including some Glenview Farms product.
- Mountain Dairy:- Mountain Dairy AA Grade Large Eggs, 18 ct., AA Grade Large Eggs, 12 CT, and AA Grade Medium Eggs, 5 dozen, sold in Food4Less, Foodsco, and Ralphs stores (members of the Kroger family of stores); Mountain Dairy Medium 5dz (UPC 0-11110-89969-9; Plant P-1951; Julian dates 193-208) were produced by Wright County Egg and packed by Nucal Foods.
- Nulaid:- Nulaid Medium 5dz (Plant P-1091 & P-1951; Julian dates of 167-174 and 195-210, respectively); produced by Wright County Egg and packed by NuCal Foods.
- Ralph’s:- Ralph’s AA Grade Large Eggs, 12 ct., and AA Grade Large Eggs, 18 ct., sold in Food 4 Less, Foodsco, and Ralphs stores (members of the Kroger family of stores)
- Shoreland:- Packaged and recalled by Wright County Egg.
- Sunshine:- Sunshine Extra Large Eggs (sku 01175), sold in Trader Joe’s stores in Southern California and Las Vegas, NV
- Sun Valley:- Sun Valley Medium 5dz (UPC 6-48065-11432-6; PlantP-1951; Julian dates195-209); produced by Wright County Egg and packed by NuCal Foods. Distributed to food wholesalers and retailers in California and Nevada.
- Trafficanda:- Packaged and recalled by Wright County Egg.
In addition to the recall notices listed above, U.S. Foodservice has reported that some eggs supplied to restaurants and food service customers by U.S. Foodservice, Sysco Corp. and Restaurant Depot (Jetro), are included in the Wright County Egg recall.