Grape tomatoes potentially contaminated by Salmonella have been recalled from a variety of retail locations, and in a variety of retail products. The latest company snagged, or snagged again, in the recall is Safeway, which is expanding its earlier recall to include “Eating Right Veggie Party Platter.” On May 2, the company had recalled cafe salads and deli salads made with grape tomatoes.
The contaminated tomatoes were from Taylor Farms, and grown by Six L’s. Other companies and products involved in the rolling recall include:
- Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc. (“Del Monte Fresh”) of Coral Gables, has been advised that a limited number of grape tomatoes in a specific lot of grape tomatoes grown in Florida by Six L’s Packing Company in Immokalee, Florida may be contaminated with Salmonella. The grape tomatoes may have been used in 63 cases of Vegetable Trays and Veg. Trio sold in Roche Bros. Supermarkets in the state of Massachusetts under the brand ROCHE BROS.
- Northeast Produce Inc. of Plainville, CT has been notified by grower Six L’s that a specific lot of grape tomatoes supplied to Northeast Produce Inc., may be contaminated with Salmonella. This product has been recalled by Six L’s. Northeast Produce Inc. is a customer of Six L’s and our recall is associated with the recall from Six L’s.
- Taylor Farms Pacific, Inc. of Tracy, CA has been notified by grower Six L’s that a specific lot of grape tomatoes supplied to Taylor Farms Pacific may be contaminated with Salmonella. This product has been recalled by Six L’s. This lot of grape tomatoes was used in the following products made by Taylor Farms Pacific for Albertsons, Raley’s, Safeway, Savemart, Sam’s Club, & Walmart and is being voluntarily recalled as a precautionary measure. No illnesses have been reported.
- In cooperation with Taylor Farms’ expanded voluntary recall of products containing grape tomatoes, Safeway is also expanding its voluntary recall to include fresh kabobs made with grape tomatoes sold in our full-service meat counter in several states. The kabobs were made using grape tomatoes supplied by Taylor Farms and sourced from grower Six L’s that were recalled due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Mastronardi Produce of Kingsville, Ontario is voluntarily recalling a limited quantity of grape tomatoes.