In cooperation with the Andrew & Williamson Fresh Produce recall of cucumbers that may be contaminated with Salmonella Poona, Safeway is voluntarily recalling made-to-order deli sandwiches with cucumbers produced by Andrew & Williamson and sold in nine Safeway and Carrs stores in Alaska.
No illnesses have been associated with Safeway or Carrs sandwiches. Safeway stated that it is recalling the sandwiches out of an abundance of caution. Nine Salmonella Poona illnesses have been reported in Alaska.
The sandwiches were sold from Aug. 1, 2015, through Sept. 4, 2015, from the full-service sandwich counter. The stores include:
- Carrs at 1725 Abbott Rd., Anchorage, AK 99507
- Carrs at 1650 W. Northern Lights Blvd., Anchorage, AK 99517
- Carrs at 5600 Debarr Rd., Anchorage, AK 99504
- Carrs at 1340 Gambell St., Anchorage, AK 99501
- Carrs at 1501 Huffman Rd., Anchorage, AK 99515
- Safeway at 1907 Seward Hwy., Seward, AK 99664
- Safeway at 1313 Meals St., Valdez, AK 99686
- Safeway at 90 Sterling Hwy., Homer, AK 99603
- Safeway at 301 N. Santa Claus Ln., North Pole, AK 99705