Top tips to prevent salmonella and E. coli:
- Always wash hands, dishes, utensils and counter surfaces often while preparing and cooking all foods
- When preparing or cooking raw meats, poultry or other foods, clean surfaces and hands with hot soapy water and use paper towels and discard immediately
- Never use the same plate, tray or utensils for the cooked meat that you use for the raw meat
- Separate raw meat, poultry, and seafood from other foods in your refrigerator
- Always cook all foods thoroughly. Meats, poultry, pork and especially ground meats, should be cooked until the juices run absolutely clear.
To read the full article, click here.