The Springfield-Greene County Health Department is vaccinating customers of a Red Robin restaurant in Springfield, MO, who may have been exposed to Hepatitis A between May 8-16.
Health officials are worried that 5,000 people may have been exposed after a restaurant worker was diagnosed with the virus.
In order for the vaccine to work, it must be taken within 14 days of exposure, so the department is working fast to inform the public about its vaccination clinics being held May 22-26.
The hepatitis A lawyers of Marler Clark have many years of experience working with clients on Hepatitis A outbreak lawsuits.
Hepatitis A is one of five human hepatitis viruses (hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E) that primarily infect the liver and cause illness. It is a communicable (or contagious) disease that spreads from person-to-person through fecal-oral contact, often from an infected food handler contaminating food. The cases the Marler Clark hepatitis A lawyers have been involved in have generally resulted from contaminated food or water.
An estimated 80,000 hepatitis A cases and an estimated 100 deaths due to acute liver failure brought on by hepatitis A occur each year in the U.S. The rate of infection has dramatically decreased since the hepatitis A vaccine was licensed and became available in 1995. Despite the decrease in hepatitis A cases nationally, Marler Clark has represented clients young and old who have become ill with hepatitis A after eating contaminated food or who were exposed to the virus and had to receive an injection to prevent illness.
The Marler Clark hepatitis A lawyers have unmatched experience representing victims of Hepatitis A. Our Hepatitis A lawyers have represented victims of notable hepatitis A outbreaks such as the 2003 Chi Chi’s hepatitis A outbreak, the 2005 California lettuce hepatitis A outbreak, and the 2010 Quad-Cities McDonald’s hepatitis A outbreak. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
- Alta Restaurant Hepatitis A Exposure Class Action lawsuit – New York (2013)
- Carl’s Jr. Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuits – Washington (2000)
- Chi-Chi’s Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuits – Pennsylvania (2003)
- Chipotle Grill Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuits – California (2008)
- D’Angelo’s Deli Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuits – Massachusetts (2001)
- Friendly’s Hepatitis A Exposure Lawsuit – Massachusetts (2004)
- Houlihan’s Hepatitis A Exposure Lawsuit – Illinois (2007)
- Maple Lawn Dairy Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuit – New York (2004)
- McDonald’s Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuits – Illinois (2009)
- McDonald’s Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuit – Washington (1998)
- New Hawaii Sea Restaurant Hepatitis A Outbreak (2013)
- Olive Garden Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuit – North Carolina (2011)
- Quizno’s Hepatitis A Exposure Lawsuit – Massachusetts (2004)
- Soleil Produce Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuits – California (2005)
- Subway Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuits – Washington (1999)
- Taco Bell Hepatitis A Outbreak Lawsuits – Florida (2000)
- Townsend Farms Organic Frozen Berries Hepatitis A Outbreak – Multistate (2013)