The two cases are part of a cluster of 14 patients who have become sick.
The tainted products were shipped to retail locations and for institutional use in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health said that Massachusetts retail locations have been notified of the recall.
Items being recalled include ground beef, ground beef patties and other sub-primal cuts and were produced between June 6 and June 16, 2016. The products subject to recall bear the establishment number “8868” inside the USDA mark of inspection on the product label, and would have one of the following names on the label:
- PT Farm (North Haverhill, NH)
- Robie Farm (Piermont, NH)
- Chestnut Farms (Hardwick, MA)
- Miles Smith Farm (Loudon, NH)
- Meadowview Farm (Gilmanton, NH)
- Farmer’s Brand (North Haverhill, NH)
- Webster Ridge Farm (Webster, NH)
Consumers who have purchased these products and still have them, fresh or frozen, should discard them or return them to the place of purchase.