The Shigella lawyers of Marler Clark have many years of experience working with clients on Shigella outbreak lawsuits.
Shigella is a bacterium that can cause sudden and severe diarrhea (gastroenteritis) in humans. Shigella infection occurs when the excrement (feces) of an infected individual is ingested by another person. The infectious material is spread to new cases by person-to-person contact or via contaminated food or water. Approximately 20% of the nearly 450,000 cases of shigellosis that occur annually in the U.S are foodborne-related, leading to Shigella outbreaks. Food can become contaminated by food workers or during processing.
Contamination of drinking water by Shigella is a problem that more often occurs in the developing world, but swimming pools and beaches in the U.S. can become contaminated by infected individuals and have been linked to Shigella outbreaks. No group of individuals is immune to shigellosis, but certain individuals are at increased risk, particularly small children.
The Marler Clark Shigella lawyers have unmatched experience representing victims of Shigella and other foodborne illnesses. Our Shigella lawyers have represented victims of notable Shigella outbreaks such as the 2003 Doubletree Hotel Shigella outbreak, the 2006 Filiberto’s Shigella outbreak, and the 2010 Subway Shigella outbreak. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Shigella Outbreak Lawsuits
- Doubletree Hotel Shigella Outbreak Lawsuit – Colorado (2003)
- Filiberto’s Shigella Outbreak Lawsuit – California (2006)
- Gate Gourmet Shigella Outbreak Lawsuits – Hawaii, Nationwide (2004)
- Pearl Catering Shigella Outbreak Lawsuits – Oregon (2018)
- Royal Fork Shigella Outbreak Lawsuits – Washington (2001)
- Salsarita Shigella Outbreak Lawsuit – Arkansas (2014)
- Senor Felix 5-Layer Dip Shigella Outbreak Lawsuits – Western States (2000)
- Subway Restaurant Shigella Outbreak Lawsuits – Illinois (2010)
- Viva Mexico Shigella Outbreak Lawsuits – California (2000)
Shigella: Marler Clark, The Food Safety Law Firm, is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of Shigellaoutbreaks. The Shigella lawyers of Marler Clark have represented thousands of victims of Shigella and other foodborne illness outbreaks and have recovered over $800 million for clients. Marler Clark is the only law firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation. Our Shigella lawyers have litigated Shigella cases stemming from outbreaks traced to a variety of sources, such as tomatoes, airplane and restaurant food.
If you or a family member became ill with a Shigella infection after consuming food and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, contact the Marler Clark Shigella attorneys for a free case evaluation.