We do not yet know the food item(s) that might have been contaminated with E. coli in the Westminster Red Robin, but we do know from the health department that three individuals, including one adult and two children, tested positive for the bacteria E. coli O157:H7 with all persons having reported eating at the Red Robin restaurant located at 799 W. 146th Ave in Westminster, Colorado. Tri-County Health Department inspected the restaurant on July 9, 2019, after receiving information about the outbreak from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Two of the three individuals infected were hospitalized, and the investigation is ongoing.
But, it did remind me of a long-standing link between E. coli, Colorado and Marler Clark.
In 2002, I wrote an Op-ed for the Denver Post entitled: “Put me out of business. Please.”
For this trial lawyer, E. coli has been a successful practice – and a heart-breaking one. I’m tired of visiting with horribly sick kids who did not have to be sick in the first place. I’m outraged with a food industry that allows E. coli and other poisons to reach consumers, and a federal regulatory system that does nothing about it…. And, with a little luck, it will force one damn trial lawyer to find another line of work.
Here are a few Colorado E. coli cases that I could recall off the top of my head.
Colorado E. coli Outbreak Lawsuit and Litigation:
- Bravo Farms Gouda Cheese E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Southwestern US (2010)
- ConAgra Ground Beef E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Nationwide (2002)
- Costco Chicken Salad E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Mulistate (2015)
- Dole Spinach E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Nationwide (2006)
- Flanders Provision Co. E. coli Outbreak Litigation – Colorado, Nationwide (2005)
- Jimmy John’s and Sprouts Extraordinaire E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Colorado (2008)
- Jimmy John’s Cucumber E. coli Litigation – Colorado (2012)
- Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Nationwide (2009)
- Odwalla E. coli Outbreak Lawsuits – Western States (1996)
- Pho 75 E. coli Outbreak Litigation – Colorado (2015)
- Rocky Mountain Natural Meats Bison E. coli Outbreak Lawsuit – Colorado, New York (2010)
- Romaine Lettuce E. coli Outbreak Litigation – Colorado, Nationwide (2018)
And, let’s not forget the 2018 Multistate Romaine E. coli outbreak.
E. coli: Marler Clark, The Food Safety Law Firm, is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of E. coli outbreaks and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS). The E. coli lawyers of Marler Clark have represented thousands of victims of E. coli and other foodborne illness infections and have recovered over $650 million for clients. Marler Clark is the only law firm in the nation with a practice focused exclusively on foodborne illness litigation. Our E. coli lawyers have litigated E. coli and HUS cases stemming from outbreaks traced to ground beef, raw milk, lettuce, spinach, sprouts, and other food products. The law firm has brought E. coli lawsuits against such companies as Jack in the Box, Dole, ConAgra, Cargill, and Jimmy John’s. We have proudly represented such victims as Brianne Kiner, Stephanie Smith and Linda Rivera.
If you or a family member became ill with an E. coli infection or HUS after consuming food and you’re interested in pursuing a legal claim, contact the Marler Clark E. coli attorneys for a free case evaluation.